Monday 17 January 2011

Update

Mum's still hanging in there.
She is now confined to her bedroom. Her body is deteriorating.

She is sleeping a lot and when she is awake although some things make sense and she tries to join in the conversation a lot of stuff is completely random.
Sometimes it looks like she has been hypnotised, she will raise her head, speak at random then put her head down again and close her eyes.

She says she is dreaming a lot. I am too........... The other night I had a dream, and in this dream, I was dreaming!!! What I was dreaming was that mum had died and no-one had told me.
Now there's one for dream analysis!

Her skin is itchy which I think is because its dry and not really getting air to it either.
We moisturised and put a new cotton nightie on her last night.

The other day when I went upstairs she was curled up in a foetal like position, naked, she has even stopped covering her head now.
Her body was so pale and although not exactly skin and bone but noticeable weight loss.

I got her dressing gown on her and covered her up.
My mum was always on the go........always doing something........painting, decorating, cleaning, working, always so active, now this. She can barely sit up herself now.

Last night, I took my laptop to show her some photos and videos of my son. She couldn't keep her eyes open to look at them but she tried.
One of the things she said last night was she asked me what would my boyfriend like to eat if she made him something. I said he would eat anything. It was quite sad but amusing at the time, but when I got home and relayed the dialogue to my boyfriend..........I cried.

I always manage to stop myself quickly, I don't want my son to see me upset and I also think I'm a bit afraid. Afraid if I start crying, I might not be able to stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment